Deming Ladies Hospital


Me despierto en una habitación extraña. No hay nadie--se me hace estar acostado en una cama de hospital. ¿Porque? ¿Cómo? 

Me duele tanto la cabeza. Es díficil pensar. ¿Dónde está papá?

Duermo.

Me despierto. "There's the bit of human flotsam that was picked up after the raid on Columbus!" Una enfermera con uniforme y piel blanca conversaba con unos hombres llevando cámeras. No entiendo nada. Aguanto las photos. 

Por fin, un hombre negro llega y me habla en mi lengua. Me dice que es el cocinero aqui. 

Me duele la pierna derecha, y me cuesta endender que me la amputaron. 



Comments

  1. I wondered if you would write some of these in Spanish. Google translate managed to do a good job too; at least there were no obvious non sequiturs / howlers. and "ladies hospital" ... there's a phrase I don't think I've ever even seen before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I assumed that it had to do with a focus on nurses since, besides the Black cook, they were the ones who interacted with Jesús. Now I'm thinking I need to investigate a bit deeper...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts